- Based locally in Port Hedland
- Career opportunity
- Join one of Australia's fastest growing privately owned companies
Duratec is a solutions-based contractor specialising in the protection and remediation of steel and concrete structures, and with ten branches across Australia, we are one of the country’s fastest growing privately owned companies. Our highly skilled personnel have many years’ experience in the industry and we promote an open and honest culture where we are proud to offer our clients best practice methodologies and material selection to maximise the life of their assets.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Due to an ever growing portfolio of awarded contracts within the commercial, industrial and defence sectors, we are currently seeking an experienced Stores Person to join our growing Pilbara team on an ongoing casual full-time basis, working approx. 8 -10 hour days. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be primarily responsible for the management of procurement, supply of materials, consumables, plant and equipment across the Northwest Division.
Ideally you will live local to the area (FIFO/DIDO available)
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Maintaining all goods, plant and equipment in a tidy accessible state in the store
- Ensuring all MSDS sheets are supplied with materials delivered to sites
- Organising for the repair of “out of service” equipment
- Ensuring hazardous goods are handled, stored and transported compliant with legislation regulations
- Preparation of on-line purchase orders and submission to suppliers
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts for supply and purchase orders
- Manage the checking of shipments when they arrive to ensure the orders have been correctly filled and the goods meet specifications
- Maintain knowledge of all organisational and governmental rules and regulations affecting purchases, and provide information about these rules to the Systems Manager and or Commercial Manager
- Monitor in-house inventory movement and complete inventory transfer forms for accounting purposes
- Qualified to undertake test & tag of electrical equipment - essential
- Current C Class manual drivers licence
- Current Fork lift licence
- Previous experience in a similar role within a fast paced environment
- Strong team player with sound verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of stock control processes
- Proactive and reliable
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE:
We are currently undergoing a period of rapid growth and are seeking motivated, highly organised individuals with strong interpersonal skills to join our project delivery and support teams. Our fast paced and supportive working environment will provide you with a wide range of employee benefits including competitive rates and the ongoing opportunity for career progression. This is an excellent opportunity if you have experience on the tools and are looking to work in a warehouse environment.
- Career Development
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Work-Life Balance
- Mentoring by Industry leaders
- Rewarding and Supportive Culture
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and are passionate about joining a fast and growing company then we want to hear from you!! To apply please click on Apply and complete the online application form.
**NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME**
Duratec Australia is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.